The LLumar Architectural Specification toolkit was created to show how LLumar window film can support market drivers particularly in the United Kingdom, and some even outside of the UK.
LLumar brings benefits to the following market drivers:
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards: The application of LLumar® window film can help to improve the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of a building. Retroffiting inefficient windows with window film has also provided an option to help meet minimum energy efficiency standards.
- Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme: Retrofitting window film can help to extend the life of existing window systems at a fraction of the cost of installing new, high-performance double glazing. Window film can help to save energy, reduce carbon emissions, improve comfort and staff productivity. It can also bring about other savings such as reduced energy loads for HVAC plant sizing. This helps reduce capital and operational costs (of plant) and helps free up valuable building space for other purposes.
- Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM): LLumar window film can help support the attainment of a range of BREEAM credits through improvements to building thermal and operational energy performance, alongside the well-being and productivity of occupiers. LLumar can help support the achievement of up to 13 BREEAM credits in the Energy Category, up to 4 BREEAM credits in the Health & Wellbeing Category and up to 7 credits in the Materials & Waste Categories.
- Building Codes: Window film can offer a cost-effective and practical solution to those looking to comply with building regulation codes in the United Kingdom dealing with the conservation of fuel and power.
- Health, Wellbeing & Productivity: The link between human comfort and the output of an organisation is the subject of continued research and debate, but it is generally accepted by designers and engineers that uncomfortable conditions have the potential to impact negatively upon
worker well-being and productivity. In 2015 the World Green Building Council (WGBC) highlighted three main sources of discomfort to occupants: uncomfortable temperature, inadequate lightning and poor air quality. Proper glazing specification or improving glazing performance can help improve the first two of these categories.
Are you a specifier, asset mananger or energy modeller and you'd like to specify LLumar for your next project? LLumar window film data is now available as a solution via the BIM library objects in IES and DesignBuilder.